Tuesday 1 November 2011

The 6th International Rome Film Festival - Breaking Dawn: Part 1

 Jackson and Nikki are attending the Rome International Film Festival 2011 

Conferenza Stampa Nikki&Jackson Anteprima Breaking Dawn Roma 

 
RomaFilmFest 2011: Nikki Reed e Jackson Rathbone   
 

Simonetta Caminiti - (ilGiornale.it )Festival del Cinema di Roma 2011. La giornata di Twilight. 
 

Red carpet "Breaking Dawn": Nikki Reed, Jackson Rathbone e le fan scalmanate      

Twilight's Nikki Reed compares her wedding to Bella and Ed's  
 

Breaking Dawn P1-premiere Roma 30ottobre Jackson Rathbone 
 
 
Breaking Dawn P1-premiere Roma 30ottobre Jackson Rathbone-2 

 
Breaking Dawn P1-premiere Roma 30ottobre Nikki Reed 




Jackson Rathbone e Nikki Reed - Festival del Film di Roma 2011  
 

Jackson Rathbone e Nikki Reed - Festival del Film di Roma 2011 - 2  
 

  
BREAKING DAWN - JACKSON RATHBONE E NIKKI REED A RDS 

Rome BD Press Conference Transcript 

Today is the day of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn part 1 at the International Rome Film Festival 2011. Here’s what the actors, Jackson Rathbone and Nikki Reed (who play vampires Jasper and Rosalie Hale) told us during the conference.

Q: This new chapter of the Twilight Saga is going to deal with more mature subjects, like maternity and family. What do you think about it?
JR: The Twilight Saga is a constant evolution. At the beginning it was more centered around this new romance that takes place inside a mythological and particular world. Now the love has grown bigger till reaching the marriage and the creation of a family. It’s darker than the previous movies but, at the same time, it is way more profound.
NR: In this new movie we became a very close family. We’re not divided in two different factions anymore, in fact Rosalie is going to be the only person to side with Bella. I’m very happy about this evolution and, surely, it’s a very meaningful moment of the story.


Q: How was it like working with a different director?
JR: It was fun and I had the chance to learn something new from all of them. Everyone brings their own esthetic and their style and I think we grew so much, as actors, during these years. My constant reference point is Stephanie Meyer who was always on set ready to answer all of our questions and she has also worked in Breaking Dawn as a producer.
NR: I agree. It was particularly interesting changing directors each movie. Sure, it wasn’t a conventional approach, even because the books were already written and they didn’t have much freedom of movement. But every director had their own ideas and we absorbed as much as we could.

Q: Has a new director ever come to you to ask questions about your characters?
JR: Well, all directors worked very hard on our characters. In the last movie we met separately with Bill Condon. We talked about the division of the story in two separated movies and the way our characters react to every event. He asked me what side Jasper takes to which I answered that he has always been at Alice side. Bill was a gentlemen and he showed a great sensibility when it comes to our characters.
NR: I didn’t have the same experience as Jackson had and I did not have the impression the director was asking me something about Rosalie. Maybe because I was always the one asking questions! We had a great collaboration with Bill, he carefully studied the two screenplays. I was very confused when we started Breaking Dawn, because Rosalie has always been very coherent with herself. I was scared about the transition, my character’s total change, I was worried it could not look deep and realistic. The Twilight Saga is not about our characters, but every line we have in the movie is essential to the story and we want it to be represented in a realistic way.

Q: Nikki, you have many interests. I know you also write screenplays (Thirteen, directed by Catherine Hardwicke. Are you planning to write again in the next future?
N: I wrote some stories, quite different from Thirteen, but I’m still wondering about my future. I love acting, but when I’m writing I feel more satisfied. I also directed two music videos and I also produced a movie so I think it’s going to be my path for the future.

Q: Jackson, what about your plans for the future? Do you think this role has made you grow as an actor?
J: As an actor and an artist, I thank God every day to have the opportunity to do what I love most. I love being able to act and play my music at the same time. I think there’s a magic connection between artists and their audience that makes me comfortable with myself. I admit I’m more comfortable as an artist than a common person. At the beginning I didn’t know what Twilight was going to bring me and I still feel surprised! It’s a constant process and you have to put your soul and passion in it and I hope to be able to do this for the rest of my life.

Q: The entire saga is focused on Edward and Bella’s love story. How was your relationship with them? Did they prefer to stay on their own or did you always stay together?
J: All the story is centered on Edward and Bella’s love story, without any doubt. We can compare them to Romeo and Juliet without Montagues and Capulets. We love to work together, we grew together and we are all part of this phenomenon. I’m still surprised when I see Rob and Kristen on the cover of the magazines. Pay attention: some gossips aren’t true, don’t believe everything you read! I know my co-workers as human beings not stars. I’m very happy to travel to promotional events with Nikki. We grew together and we were on the same plane when we flew to Portland for the first movie. I remember the hostess wasn’t going to let me travel with my guitar on board and she defended me. It was a great moment!
N: I love what are you saying! You’re a very nice and sweet guy. That’s an interesting question and of course things change as the time goes by. When we started we were all unknown, we were a bunch of kids in Portland, we went to music concerts together, we were and still are a family. Things changed since the movie became so popular and honestly it would be weird if it was any different. Now bodyguards are everywhere and things become more difficult to handle especially when magazines print untrue stories about us. The situation is different now but it doesn’t mean it’s worse.

Q: Are you afraid teens could identify and confuse you with your characters?
N: It’s very important to separate the real person from a fictional character and you know, being a teenager is very hard and some situations could be dangerous when you’re very young. Also the internet and mass-media show that you can suddenly become a celebrity but, at the same time, they omit to mention it’s very easy to be forgotten. It could happen to every celebrity! Sure. I remember the time when I loved the Spice Girls (even my brother liked them!) but when I was younger you were trying to understand the music, to read the lyrics and understand the meanings of songs, we didn’t go to the internet looking for gossip. Things are different today.
J: You have to separate the two things. Sure, if I had the chance to meet the Rolling Stones I would probably go crazy! But as much as I like Keith Richards,I don’t act like him. I know the difference between the singer and the man himself.W e didn’t write Twilight’s story, we just gave a face and a soul to the books and characters. We are the first fans of our own characters. You want to see them portrayed in a strong and realistic way. Unlike many fans, I don’t chase celebrities on the streets but I was lucky enough to met two of my idols and I treated them as my parent’s friends. My smart dad taught me to give love to get love and to give respect to have respect.

Q: What do you think made Twilight such a phenomenon ?
N: Sometimes I think women were the real target, because usually they‘re very interested in love stories. Sometimes human beings feel attracted to tragedy and love; the entertainment industry tries very hard to show these two aspects. The love story between Edward and Bella is out of reality, it’s epic and this is very appealing to people. 12 years old girl daydream about them while 40 year old women, thanks to Twilight, remember their youth‘s memories. As you get older you understand better the difference between fantasy and reality and that love is not supposed to be, necessarily, a sacrifice. This is why I prefer Bella and Jacob’ s relationship.

Q: Jackson, you love music. Did you regret to leave aside your band during the shooting?
J: I’m lucky because I can do both my main interests. I love both, but music is more immediate. With movies it’s different because you did a movie and then you see it on screen a year later. Both worlds interest me. I hope to have the chance to do both in the future. I also produced a movie and wrote a soundtrack. I see this in my future and, who knows, maybe one day I will have the chance to direct something!

Q: The relation between Bella and Rosalie has been complicated in the past. What do you think about the phone call when Bella asked for Rosalie help?
N: I think Rosalie desperately wanted to be useful. She suddenly become important to Bella because she’s the only one at her side during her pregnancy. I have not seen the entire movie yet and things sometimes change in the final cuts. During the filming, Kirsten and I had a great time together and it was good to work without many actors all round. Eclipse ended with a strange relation between Bella and Rosalie. At the beginning of Breaking Dawn I hope to see a smooth transition between the two.

Q. “Young adult literature” is having a great success now. Do you like the genre? Would you like to be part of another franchising?
J: I think young people’s world is very interesting and particular. I produced a web series for Warner Bros, I worked with Nikki in the O.C. It’s important to us to reach a young audience with new interesting projects. Even politicians do it, they know kids are the future of the world and, also, the future of the arts. There will be a new interesting saga, the “Hunger Games”. I’d love to work in a project like this, I find it interesting and appealing especially because of the modern atmospheres.
N: If I find an original story, I would be pleased to do it. It’s incredible what kids are able to do. I feel almost old. But I think it’s important for me to do what I think it’s right. You have to do what you like most, not what makes you more famous or wealthy.

Q: Are you afraid Hollywood is not going to give you new working experiences because the audience identifies you too much with your characters?
N: I’m lucky because I don’t look like Rosalie at all .I’m not even blond! (and Jackson say :What ? Really?). I hope Twilight hasd not damaged me. This series had a great success and we’re happy to be part of this and I hope that, maybe, in the long time, the fact that I’m totally different from my character will help me. But I know it’s a possibility.
J: I agree with Nikki. When I play my music I see this happening all the time. A chunk of the audience say : my girlfriend brought me here to see the Twilight guy who also plays a guitar! While others just love our band. I prefer to play very different roles from myself. I hope this fact doesn’t damage my career. But if it happens you have to accept it. I’m a firm believer in yin and yang . Everything has a positive and a negative side.”Thinks for the best but be prepared for the worst”: that’s what my father always reminds me! 

Thanks to jrathboneonline

No comments: